Preparation for the Golden Rose consecration to the Immaculate Heart starts 10th April 2021 (can be joined a bit late any time up to early May if you’re prepared for a few days of extra reading!)
Are you ready to consecrate yourself to the Immaculate Heart of Mary?!?
If you haven’t undertaken Marian consecration before and you’re not sure, take a look here first to have an idea what it is and what to expect. There are many different ways of preparing for consecration, and for your first time, the plan we have outlined below may not be best for you – but survey the options, have a pray and decide for yourself!
If you have consecrated yourself to Our Lady before (once or many times) perhaps you’re wondering why you should bother with this renewal now? Ultimately, that is for you to discern – but we have chosen this time and these materials in order to best prepare to set out on this new venture for the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart. If you would like to join with us, you are most welcome!
Ready to continue? Here is the plan for the 33 day consecration:
- You need two books for the first 24 days. However both are available for free on Scribd, and Scribd comes with a free 30 day trial… So if you head there and start the trial – and if you have a compatible phone download the app – we’re nearly ready to go.
- So the books then are: Fatima: 100 Questions and Answers (Senz & Sri) and Fatima For Today (Apostoli). For the first 24 days we are going to explore the message of Fatima using these two books and this reading plan. NB. If you start a bit late, the idea is simply to get these two books read before the 4th May, so work out your own pace. If you only have time to read one book, go with the Apostoli one.
- In addition to the reading, we suggest taking up some regular devotional prayers for the duration of the retreat. If you don’t presently pray the Rosary daily, that might be a good place to start. If you do, you might want to add something like the Litany of Loreto, or perhaps as simple office like that of the Immaculate Conception (designed to spread prayers thoughout the day – but if you do pray several hours together no need to repeat the introduction and concluding prayer!)…
- Then for the final 9 days, we are going to undertake an audio retreat according to St. Maximilian Kolbe’s concept of Marian consecration, this retreat can be found here.
- There will be further information available (about zoom meetings for participants, consecration day ideas etc.) as we go on, especially as we near the final 9 days of preparation. To be kept in the loop, drop us an email (email@example.com) to let us know you’re participating and we’ll keep you posted.
In Jesus and Mary!
The Golden Rose Team